Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My 5 Favorite Things of 2012


Following in the time-honored tradition of Oprah, let's take a look back at a few of my favorite things of 2012.



Starbucks Christmas Dark Roast
To answer your question straight away, yes, I work for Starbucks and no, I'm not getting paid to write this. I am but a lowly barista working his way through college, and they don't pay us more than eight dollars an hour for anything. However, this is by far my favorite Starbucks coffee of the year. For those coffee geeks out there, it's a wonderful blend of aged Sumatra. It's spicy, dark, and syrupy. It's like Christmas in a cup, hence the name. Get out there and get a couple pounds before it's gone. While you're at it, all you tea drinkers out there should get a tin of Tazo's Joy, another seasonal favorite of mine that's only around this time of year. If you're feeling super generous, stop in at the BlockE location in downtown Minneapolis and buy it from me. It makes me look good, and lord knows I could use a raise. 



Samsung Galaxy SIII
This has been my main purchase this year, and by golly, is it great. I've been an avid iPhone user from the beginning, but when the iPhone 5 came out I was horrendously underwhelmed, and left the comfortable world of Apple for greener pastures. What I found was nothing short of amazing. In a nutshell: bigger screen, better resolution, better battery life, and a myriad of customization options. Plus, it's 4g. I mean, come on.



Z-Palette
As you all probably know, I am a freelance makeup artist here in the twin cities. This is something that I've been reading review upon review about for the last couple years and finally just got around to getting one. Why did I wait so long? Unlike a lot of other palettes out there, (cough, the new Mac Pro pallets) the bottom of this pallet is actually magnetized, not the other way around. So, unlike many others, you don't need to spend hours sticking magnets to the bottoms of each individual pan. For those rare shadows whose pans don't stick to the magnet, each pallet comes with metal stickers that you can pop on the back. Strangely enough, the only shadows I've had this issue with are the Mac shadow, but luckily the stickers they include are the perfect size for the shadows. I only wish they made some larger ones for my Mac blushes as well. 



Yamaha CP33 Stage Piano
This is probably the largest purchase I've made this year. I'll tell you right now, it's expensive. Like, over $1,000 expensive. However, it's by far one of the most reliable and piano-like electric piano I have ever played, much less had the pleasure of owning. The touch to this day blows my mind. If I close my eyes and listen real hard I still think I'm playing the Steinway at Palais Corbelli in Vienna where I went to school. It looks amazing, it feels amazing, and it sounds amazing. 



Google Analytics
So I know you all like stalking me online. What can I say? I'm pretty awesome. Well it's a pleasure to inform you that I like stalking you back. Now I can! Honestly, I have no idea why I didn't start using this sooner. A simple must-have for any internet presence, Analytics gives you valuable statistics such as page views and referral sources, which tells your where your time and energy is best invested! I, like the rest of America, can be pretty lazy at times, and like to get as much traffic with as little work as possible. This helps me do just that. Check it out, all ye bloggers and website owners!

Got any favorite things you feel should be on this list? Leave them in the comments below!

As always, follow me on Twitter, like me on FaceBook, and visit my homepage at jaydhagberg.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment